At the end of the last year, specifically on December 29, 2023, the Cabinet of Ministers Resolution No. 698 was signed, which introduced significant changes in the activities of the Technological Park of Software Products and Information Technologies (IT-Park) of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The main change was the expansion of the list of activities permitted for implementation by the residents of the IT-Park. Thus, 4 new types of activities were added to the list:
- Providing services in the field of multimedia and design (web design, graphic design, computer game design, vector graphics, 3D graphics, visualization design, interface design, technical design, motion design);
- Production of animated products using software;
- Activities in venture financing and acceleration programs in the field of information technology;
- Providing services in the field of esports.
Due to the addition of new types of activities, this Resolution also introduces new criteria that legal entities must meet to obtain the status of an IT-Park resident, namely:
- Legal entities applying for the status of an IT-Park resident to engage in venture financing of projects in the field of information technology and acceleration programs must be registered at the legal address in the territory of the IT-Park or branches of the Directorate and be located at this address;
- Legal entities applying for the status of an IT-Park resident to provide services in the field of esports must have an international certificate approved in accordance with the list established by the Directorate.
IT-Park residents engaged in activities in venture financing and acceleration programs will lose their IT-Park resident status if they change their legal address from the territory of the Technopark and its branches to another address.